Karen Strauss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 May 1997 21:55:33 -0400
My list has gone missing from global list of lists and from CataList. It
was definitely listed a few days ago, but for the past two days it has not
been listed. My list has gone missing from the global list in the past, but
never from CataList. My host site is listed, but not my list. Any ideas?

Details
Listname:       RSDNet-L
Host:           listserv.rsdnet.org
Long Name:      Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Network discussion list

My logs show that the host stats are being queried regularly as follows:

29 May 1997 16:55:19 Processing file 23643 from [log in to unmask]
29 May 1997 16:55:19 From [log in to unmask]: RELEASE
29 May 1997 16:55:19 To   [log in to unmask]: LISTSERV(R) for Windows
version 1.8c, managed by:
29 May 1997 16:55:19 From [log in to unmask]: SHOW
29 May 1997 16:55:19 From [log in to unmask]: SHOW WWW_ARCHIVE_URL
29 May 1997 16:55:19 To   [log in to unmask]: WWW_ARCHIVE_URL =
http://LISTSERV.RSDNET.ORG/SCRIPTS/WA.EXE
29 May 1997 16:55:19 From [log in to unmask]: SHOW CTR 199705
29 May 1997 16:55:19 From [log in to unmask]: SHOW CTR 199704
29 May 1997 16:55:20 Sent information mail to [log in to unmask]

I also have not changed the list header. My 370+ subscribers have no
problems accessing the list. And new subscribers have been able to join.
And I did not get any bounced mail messages from the lvmon queries.

My list has gone missing from the global list of lists before. By the way,
another RSD list, which was started long after mine, is *always* listed in
both of these lists. Just because their list is hosted at St. Johns does
not seem like a valid reason why their list should be listed and mine
should not be. I may not be a huge corporation or university, but my
servers are up 24/7 and are connected via a T-1, so there really should not
be this kind of a problem. I feel picked on.

I really like being able to have people search for my list through CataList
and list global RSD.

So what gives?  Any help, suggestions, ideas, sympathy is appreciated.

Thanks
Karen Strauss