Wed, 26 Oct 1994 23:21:03 -0500
Is it possible to have a filter in the header for a particular
subdomain.domain and and add a subscription for someone at that
subdomain.domain?

For example, xyz.com is filtered as those from there tend to be
belligerent, especially concerning their "right" to spam.  But there
may be some subscibers to that service who have a legitimate interest
in subscribing to our list.  These, obviously, cannot subscribe
themselves due to the filter.  If I think they may be ok and will
behave themselves, can I leave the filter in place and add them to
the list myself?

If this will work, I would assume they could receive list mail, but
not be able to post to the list nor control their subsciptions with
commands sent to the LISTSERV, again due to the filter.

Does the filter work both ways, or only for incoming items?

BTW, we have open subscription (except for the filters), Send=Editor
and [log in to unmask],(AUTOCAT), if that makes any difference,
and going to full moderation of the list is not an option.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner