"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Feb 1992 06:50:54 CST
I just added the line RENEWAL=YEARLY to the WORDS-L headers in order
to purge list ghosts once a year (e.g., people who have set 'nomail'
and then forgotten about the list), and I have a few questions about
it:  (1) Am I correct in assuming from what somebody said on this
list not long ago that the RENEWAL line will affect all subscribers,
including those already subscribed at the time I added that line
(unlike adding the REPRO line, which affects only new subscribers)?
(2) How will the renewal be handled by the usenet gateway or by local
redistribution addresses?  (3) Is the date of renewal a year from the
time of subscribing?  What about for those people already subscribed --
is it a year from today?

I apologize if some or all of these answers are in the listserv
documentation.  I really do try to find answers there before asking
on the list.  But this list is very tempting, especially when I'm
pressed for time and find my first few "greps" of the listserv
documentation producing no results.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])