Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 May 2001 17:21:57 -0700
I recall the subject of enabling dual subscriptions to a single address, using two different cases in the userid, being done to provide a subscriber with two modes of subscription.  I cannot locate the discussion in the archives.

I would like to add "xxxxxx@domain" additionally as "XXXXXX@domain" to allow both DIGEST and NODIGEST subscriptions to the same address.  I have no trouble initiating both subscriptions using the Add subscriber function via the web interface.  However, I am able to access only the lower case subscription regardless of both appearing in the pick list, and any change to the one affects the other, identically.

As a second measure, I changed the attributes of both to first, regular, then digest, harvesting the subscription entries and encoded settings using GETALL listname.  I then replaced the subscription entries:

        xxxxxx@domain   coding for DIGEST, sub date, etc.
        XXXXXX@domain   coding for NODIGEST, sub date, etc.

Both subscriptions now appear as NODIGEST.

I feel certain that this was discussed previously, with a solution found.  Does anyone have any ideas on how dual subscriptions to the same RFC822 address may be achieved?

Thank you.

Michael McNeil
NASAP