"Jan Juraj (George) Frajkor" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:47:08 -0500

Pete Weiss wrote:

> Actually she's subscribed as:
>
> [log in to unmask]             Barbara Schneider
>
> which apparently is NOT where she is sending email FROM:
>
> or has a SENDER address of

> Since your list is SEND=PRIVATE, that would inhibit postings.

  Weiss is right.  I have had this problem on another list and the error
usually occurs at the sender's end.  The admin people at the University may
well have changed everyone's address for whatever reasons of convenience
and efficiency they may have.  An alias program at their end redirects
incoming mail to the proper person.  But outgoing mostly bears the changed
address.  If the person subscribed originally under the old address, a
Private list will not accept the posting although the list contributions
will still be received as normal.
 The sender's address has to be exactly the same as the subscription
address on a private list.  The person (0r the list moderator) should
change the subscriber's address to conform.

--
    Jan George Frajkor                      _!_
 221 Arlington Ave.,                       --!--