Sat, 8 Jul 1995 21:36:17 -0500
As Mr. DiCamillo (hope I spelled that properly) mentioned, confirm for
subscription is a great idea.  If you have Open subscription you really
should have Confirm.

Yeah, it's more trouble for people to subscribe, and some who are
"technologically challenged" may not be able to figure out the instructions
so you have to help them, but they've gotta learn sooner or later.  I don't
*ever* do adds to the lists for anyone I don't know is a legitimate, longtime
subscriber, whose system has decided to muck about with the addresses, so
the subscriber is stuck.  Even then, I usually say I'll delete the old
sub, it's up to you to get a new one, let me know if you have trouble.

Most forgers can't subscribe if the subscription has to be confirmed.
    Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L