Karen Isaacson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 08:04:44 PST
ROOTS-L runs on LISTSERV 1.8b at MAIL.EWORLD.COM.  After a survey of
our membership, we're attempting to set up "lite" moderation using a
small set of volunteers.  To help us familiarize ourselves with the system,
as a first step, we wanted to have two of us preview the messages from
non-subscribers.  Only one of us is receiving messages, although we
both should be.  Messages for Debbie seem to be going into a deep dark hole.
Why?  Well, they seem to be being sent to AFN12915 rather than the
specified afn12915.  (I also tried adding myself as [log in to unmask]
as an additional moderator -- messages were received but arrived for
KRENA instead of krena -- GEnie's mail system isn't case sensitive but
freenet.ufl.edu's is.) Would the problem be in LISTSERV itself or at eWorld?
Below are the pertinent parts (I think) of the list header, in case I
somehow had them set up incorrectly.  (Debbie isn't in the current headers,

                        --Karen, [log in to unmask]

*  ROOTS-L Genealogy List
<snip>
*  Send= Editor,Hold
<snip>
*  Editor= [log in to unmask],(ROOTS-L)
*  Editor= [log in to unmask] (Debbie Yarbrough)
*  Moderator= [log in to unmask] (Karen Isaacson)
*  Moderator= [log in to unmask] (Debbie Yarbrough)