Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:08:22 -0400
On 9 Apr 2004 at 14:53, Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks Douglas and Francoise. I decided to do a little experiment. I sent
> an email to three of four people in the list. Those email messages
> bounced. For some reason, Listserv's auto-delete did not prune the list of
> these subscriptions, even though they have probably been undeliverable for
> well over a week, which is beyond the probe limit of four days that I have
> set for auto-delete.

Oh. I misunderstood the problem. I thought these were good
subscriptions that were somehow bouncing the probes and you wanted to
make an exception for them and stop the probing before the auto-
delete kicked in.

If probes are bouncing, the auto-delete really should be catching
them. That's the point of the probing: to catch bounces that the
normal bounce mechanism couldn't catch because of forwarded emails
and noncompliant mail servers.

Can you send copies of a few of the probe notifications and error
monitoring reports?

Francoise