Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 12:22:45 EST
On Tue, 6 Sep 1994 09:32:46 -0700 Rick Narad said:
>In attempting to delete someone, I sent the following:
>
>> DEL HEALTHRE KCOLLIER%REX.RE.UOKHSC.EDU

Did you try [log in to unmask] instead?  The "%" indicates that
                    ^
there's a gateway between OAVAX.CSUCHICO.EDU and REX.RE.UOKHSC.EDU.  Actually
that address should show up as [log in to unmask]
edu.

>This is the address that appears on the list that I received from the review
>command.  However, I got back:
>
>[log in to unmask] is not subscribed to the
>HEALTHRE list.

Yes, because LISTSERV assumes that KCOLLIER%REX.RE.UOKHSC.EDU is a "local"
address, since there's no "@" in it, and appends the "@OAVAX.CSUCHICO.EDU"
before it looks for the user in the list.

>What am I doing wrong and why is listserv doing this to me on a Monday morning?
What?  You mean LISTSERV didn't make your coffee this morning, either?  :)))
                                     ^^^^

>(okay, I know it's Tuesday, but the list is acting like it's Monday)

So the song now goes, "Tuesday Tuesday..."  :)

>Thanks.
>
>Rick Narad
>Co-owner, Healthre

BITNET:  NBRINDLE@INDYCMS  --------------------  Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Nathan C. Brindle, Student Activities Office
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Staff Advisor, Alpha Phi Omega Nat'l Service Fraternity, Tau Omicron Chapter
List Manager, ACCESS-L, BRTHPRNT, EXCEL-L@INDYCMS and other lists
Disclaimer:  My opinions are my own.  Indiana University can speak for itself.