Mata Giri <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 12:20:57 -0400

Hi,
Regarding my lost subscriber in Mauritius, thanks for several people's suggestions
-- she sent Thanks and Info commands as instructed, and got back nothing, no
response from either Thanks or Info. (She is by the way subscribed to 2 lists with
me, same from both.)
Pen Parker said:

> So if they get 0 responses something very bad such as domain name or IP blocking
> is going on.  If they get only 1 response to INFO listname, then the ISP is
> blocking MAIL FROM:<>.  If they get both responses, then all is well (for direct
> addressed mail) and the spam filter is perhaps blocking BSMTP mail.

I heard that some large companies briefly shut down to deal with the new ExploreZip
virus -- Could something like this be going on? Mauritius probably is smaller than
General Electric......  Meanwhile I signed her up with a Hotmail address, but would
like to see what's going on with her primary address, so what's the next step?

Thanks,
E Perkins