Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:28:30 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:04:33 GMT, Daniel Norton <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I just noticed that LISTSERV (1.8c) doesn't suppress archival of
>messages that have "X-No-Archive: Yes" in the header.

This is a header that is meaningful only to some external archiving
sites, and usually only to usenet newsgroup postings.  LISTSERV ignores
this header and takes no action on it.

>Is there some way to prevent a single message from being archived?

If your list has archives, then no, unless you use private email.
LISTSERV will archive all list postings.  It does not archive command
messages.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]