rob woiccak <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 08:57:17 EDT
Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]> sez:
>I realize that a solution for somebody with totally different addresses
>is to subscribe from all of them and set all but one to 'nomail'.  Will
>that work when all of these addresses are really the "same" address in a
>way?

yup. works fine. though it's a bit of a kludge.

which brings me to a possible suggestion.

i run a few majordomo lists, as well as listserv lists, and one of the
features i like about majordomo is the "mungedomain" setting. if this is
on, majordomo will treat [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] as all the same address. this allows me to set the
restrict_post setting (the majordomo equivalent of send=private) without
worrying about these kinds of slightly different addresses.

it'd be nice if listserv had a similar setting (assuming, of course,
that it already doesn't and i just don't know about it).
--
_O_ rob woiccak