Erwin Weiblen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:07:39 +0200
Hello Pete Weiss, hello list owners,

>  >I am searching for a possibility to convert the mails of a LISTSERV
>  >archive in a database format. The aim is to collect the mails on a
>  >CD-ROM to be able to search them through by a database program.

> I suspect that the requirement for a CD-ROM is irrelevant to the
> conversion.

The CD-ROM shall be used as a hand-out to people who do not know a
specific mailing list yet to give them an impression of the
discussions. So the database program has to be either on the CD-ROM
itself or it has to be a quite common one.

>  Also, why doesn't LISTSERV(R) SEARCH fulfill your need?

Would it be possible to run a free LISTSERV evaluation kit directly
from CD-ROM or would it be necessary to install the program on the
hard disk?

cu
Erwin