Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 17:13:49 -0400
>In other words, there are an awful lot of listmembers who don't bother to
>read, or, if they read, don't bother to learn.  (Granted, some do, and
>some become right handy in persuading listserv (tm) to grant their
>earnest petitions, but that still leaves all of the rest.)

I understand this completely.

I just don't -worry- about it very much :-)

Really, the lists I run are -services-, and they're free.  I don't get
paid, and I don't charge a fee.  If people bounce mail I set them to nomail
(I never delete them from the list for this), using the QUIET command.
They have the instructions-- they're posted once a month and instructions
on how to get them are in the bottom banner of EVERY message.  If they
can't take responsibility for that then it's simply their problem.  I don't
like to coddle users, and I may lose a few people this way, but I'd rather
have a list of -competent- users than incompetent ones :)

--Julie

[log in to unmask]      http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~julie/

     Make it idiot proof and someone will build a better idiot.