Sun, 4 Nov 2001 10:57:28 -0500
On: Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:47:28AM +0100,Eric Thomas Wrote:

} > If you have a mailer that doesn't insert CRLFs and sends a paragraph as
} > one loooooonnnnnnnnng line,  that paragraph is counted as one line
} > against sizelim.
}
} There may be exceptions here and there, but long lines are normally sent in quoted-printable format, in which case LISTSERV counts them as multiple lines (as many as the mail client generated, typically one line for about 75 characters). SMTP only guarantees that 998 characters can be transmitted before a CRLF, so you pretty much have to QP-encode these lines.

Then it looks like your mailer is one of the exceptions.  The paragraph
above came to me as one long line of 350-400 characters.  And I have
seen occasional paragraphs with no line break that 15-12 or more screen
lines.

} Anyway, in the next version you will be able to specify "Sizelim= 50k" instead of a number of lines.

Good, thanks.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com     +1 770-321-6507