Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:31:00 -0600
On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Louise Lawrence wrote:
> my list, and lived (barely) to tell about it...  The list is a one of a support type,
> where many people and extremely sensitive/easily hurt.

Could you be more explicit as to why they are so sensitive?  It sounds a
bit like "they can dish it out but can't take it."

> I asked that the heated conversation be taken privately, and this was
> interpreted by a handful of the people involved(some whom are friends
>
> "debate"), I will be silenced, and forced off of the list".  Absurd.
> One party also very abusively flamed me on list, posting parts of my
> private mail to her in an "out of context" type of way.

It sounds as if you have not established yourself as THE listowner so
they think of you only as another subscriber.  Ok sometimes, a problem
when you run into trouble if you have not established that you are in
fact the listowner.

> One of the people involved called me the slang word (starts with "c") for the female
> lower part of body!!!   My first reaction was "nobody talks to me this way, anywhere,

I have a female coowner for each of my lists.  Anyone called my co-owner,
or one of my female subscribers, and for one list the subscribers are
predominantly female, a c..., on or off list, would be out,
permanently, and I wouldn't care how "sensitive and fragile" they are.
Same if they called me a p.... on list;  off list, would depend on what
their problem is.  Generally, though, I would not put up with such
language.

How on earth would you determine that an address was the person's
paid, primary access?

Are these people truly as "sensitive" and "fragile" as you think?

Douglas