Paul di Virgilio COMPUMED <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 May 1994 07:39:58 -0400

> >Date:         Thu, 28 Apr 1994 22:11:12 -0400
> [...]Reply-To:     LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
> >From:         Paul di Virgilio COMPUMED <[log in to unmask]>
> [...]
> >        You did not have to delete the people right away. You should
> >        have reminded them of the listserv protocol from Paris which
> >        forbids politics and propaganda on the internet, although a
> >        lot of people are unaware of this provision. The protocol and
>
> What do you mean by the listserv protocol from Paris? Are you sure
> you are not confusing it with EARN regulations which are not relevant
> to Internet?
>
> Janusz S. Bie/n

  Janusz,

        Exactly! I do not consider the two to be separable because
        there just is no other document which accurately and concisely
        addresses the problems which we are discussing. Since I did my
        first international electronic conference in Europe, I tend to
        think in that frame of reference. If you know of another
        comparable document, I would be interested in using it as a
        tool to maintain decorum on the internet. Thanks for the help.

        Paul

--

Dr. Paul S. di Virgilio,  University of Toronto  [log in to unmask]