Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 11:07:11 EST
> Eric, what is  the name of the current template,  default that is, that
> listserv currently uses for the Index report? I would like to rearrange
> that one rather than write one from scratch, which I'm not sure I could
> easily do.

It's  not a  template,  it's a  plain  texte file  like  the WELCOME  and
FAREWELL files. Like with these files, there is no default.

Ah, I understand.  Sorry for the denseness.  I still have one
question left and this is perhaps the crux of the matter.  What
I want to do is move the command list in front of the text so
that it appears after the list of indexes.  That way it is more
readily accessible to those who regularly use.  If you are a
new comer than you can read the text following.

Now I can move those commands to preceed the text but what do I
do about the Select command?  Ex.

//       JOB
Database search DD=Orders
//Orders DD *
Select * in BUDDHA-L.3090-3099
Print <type the numbers of the messages you want here>
/*
//       EOJ

Aside for adding Echo=No to the Job card, how do I tell listserv
to fill in the correct fields in the Select statement?

Thanks,
 Jim