"Judith H. Snoke: Virginia Tech Language Institute" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Jan 1993 09:16:03 EST
I would like to second the comments of the other net-novices who are seeking
information.  I saw the NAVigator announcement about an on-line instruction
program for e-mail users and signed up.  The first lesson came with a message
that the program was not designed for the likes of VM users like me.  I have
heard nothing since.  The course promised to explain <ftp> and <telnet>.
I am still lost in the dark VM-woods.

At the risk of making a politically incorrect generalization, some of us
learn new systems by sitting down and reading the documentation  >:-P
some of us learn by figuring out what we need to know to begin, then asking
questions as we find our limits...until we eventually understand the system.
I realize that the continuous feed of novices into the system leads to a
tedious need to keep repeating basics (to set NOMAIL, send your message to
LISTSERV) but these people, WE, are the future.  Please be kind!

Judith H. Snoke, Director                   <[log in to unmask]>
Virginia Tech Language Institute            <[log in to unmask]>
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0104  USA