Thu, 21 Jan 1993 19:03:02 -0600
It might be helpful for listowners to cultivate a cadre of users
who are known to be reliable to start counterpostings when things
seem to be getting out of hand.

By counterpostings I mean things which are of interest to the list
which will grab everyones attention away from the nasty stuff and
refocus it.  It won't always work, but it can save you from getting
flamed as a censor of free expression.  In the final extremity you
have to do what you think right as list owner.

The idea of counterposting is not mine.  I picked it up form another
list (NETTRAIN  if I remember correctly).

Douglas Winship   Austin, Texas   [log in to unmask]