Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 May 2002 22:04:05 -0300
It may be important to say that although the manual says, "Editing
notebook logs is a more advanced technique and should only be done after
you have built your skills and feel confident as a List Owner," it's
actually doable: I've done it, and I'm no expert.  Two cautions: (a) try
to avoid doing it at all, because it's extremely easy for archive
tinkering to segue into a full-time job, and one that renders the
archive a liability (rather like Hansard, or the Congressional Record),
and (b) make sure to  edit only parts that are no longer active (or HOLD
the list while you're doing it).

Oh, yes, also: you'll need a really simple text editor that saves clean
ascii, and probably one that will handle large files.

-- Russ

St. Thomas University
http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/