"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:28:33 -0700
Hi all-

Got this question from a member of our technical staff, and thought I'd forward it on to the group.

TIA for any advice any of you might have.

Shannon
-------------------------------

<question>
With the old software, I could search an archive using any number of
criteria, and submitting the search resulted in a single search results page
who's URL included all of the search details.  I could then copy that search
URL to the clipboard and paste it into a reply I was making to the list so
that my response included a single-click reference to a given thread of
discussion.

With the new 1.8 software, I can't do that anymore.  The search results page
is displayed in a frame, and the only URL that's displayed anywhere that I
can find is http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe, which isn't useful.
The only time a useful URL is present is when you view a specific single
post in the archives.

I don't suppose there's anything we can do about this, is there?  Short of
putting in a feature request to the listserv folks that they provide a
visible link representing the query that was submitted?  Or maybe a way to
work around it somehow as a user?
</question>

Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor WebMistress