Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:55:40 -0500
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, kooer wrote:

> I am using LISTSREV 1.8d and Qmail, but there is something wrong with it when I subscriber own test-list,
> i.e. LISTSERVER cannot sent out "Confirmation Request" to the subscribers after receiving their request for subscribing.
> It seems that nothing wrong with listerv.log.

I maintain a Listserv with qmail. It works well for us. Anyway, the
problem you are having is probably due to a misconfiguration on qmail. Did
your current configuration ever work properly or is this a new problem?
Just off the top of my head, without knowing much about your system's
configuration, make sure you have the .qmail files set up properly.

In your ~listserv home directory, you need a .qmail file with a single
line in it that looks something like this:

|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/ssys/listserv/bin/lsv_amin -s /var/spool/listserv -t listserv

You also need a .qmail-default file in the same directory that looks
something like this:

|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/ssys/listserv/bin/lsv_amin -s
/var/spool/listserv -t "$LOCAL" \
                        -f "${SENDER:-MAILER-DAEMON}"

I hope this helps.