LSTOWN-L

Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Daniel Chapin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:06:29 -0500
text/plain (501 bytes) , text/plain (1036 bytes)

Thanks for all your solutions.  I now understand what to do since I
have v1.8c and these answers will help me until v1.8d is officially
released (our policy is not to use beta software in a production
environment).  Hopefully, it won't be too long until v1.8d is
official.

Danny

"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> AT
INTERNET on 11/24/98 09:30:28 AM

To:   [log in to unmask] AT INTERNET@CCMAILDOM
cc:    (bcc: Daniel H. Chapin/IT/ADMIN/HUD)
Subject:  Re: Commands-Job Feature

But couldn't you set the lists temporarily so that confirmation of commands is not necessary, then do teh bulk deletes, then reset confirmation? Michael Sanders writes: > > Perhaps this is the problem.... > > I have done bulk deletes in 1.8c, but it seems (for me at least) you have to > use the list password, not your personal password. > > for example, I can do this.... > > //job pw=TheListPassword > delete listname1 [log in to unmask] > delete listname1 [log in to unmask] > delete listname1 [log in to unmask] > //eoj > > Individual confirmations are not required. > > But.... if I do exactly the same job, but instead use my personal password, > I have to confirm each one. I have reset and re-added my personal password > to make sure I used the correct one, but same behaviour. > > If anyone can explain this, I would be interested to hear... > > cheers, > > Michael. > -- Dr. W. Schipper Email: [log in to unmask] Department of English, Tel: 709-737-4406 Memorial University Fax: 709-737-4528 St John's, Nfld. A1C 5S7

ATOM RSS1 RSS2