Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:44:27 -0500
>It seems that now there is no way to change a subscription to anonymous user.
>
>For example, I get the following notice
>
>Firstname  Lastname <(username)@AOL.COM>  has just  subscribed to <blah blah>
>
>Firstname Lastname is exactly what they entered.
>
>I don't really mind if people want their names to be anonymous since they will
>just remain moderated, but the commands to try and get rid of the "Firstname
>Lastname" no longer work.  I can't do an "add (username)@aol.com *", it won't
>update the name field.  Neither email command nor web page commands will get
>rid of the name.

If you don't mind, that is great. I tell them that, as a list owner,
I want to know who is on the list. They have to tell me. Then they
can be anon if you wish. (My subscriber list is hidden, so it is not
important whether they are concealed or not. It is just a lot easier
for ME if no one is concealed.) Get the name. Then you can set it the
way you want it. Usually "Firstname Lastname" is just someone too
stupid or confused to know that they are supposed to put their real
names in there. <G>

Mary