Aaron Dickey <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 01:27:25 -0400
I just want to report an unusual bounce situation on one of my lists...

This person was on my list as [log in to unmask] But the mailer on
the subscriber's end was bouncing the errors back as
UNKNOWNORILLEGALUSER:5BDC002"@SC.MARICOPA.EDU.

As you can see, I have it set to delete after 4 days or 300 errors, which
it never did. I assume this is because it was bouncing back as an address
that isn't actually in the subscriber list. I just unsubbed this account
manually.

I just thought I should mention it, in case it's a sign of a subtle bug
or unusual circumstance that might want to be taken into account for
future updates.

--Aaron

--snip--

Err First Last  Address
607 08/20 08/27 "UNKNOWNORILLEGALUSER:5BDC002"@SC.MARICOPA.EDU
                Last error: User unknown

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery
errors have been reported for a period of 4 days or more, or when 300
delivery errors have been received, whichever occurs first. Monitoring
will cease after 5 days without any reported error.