"Ken Boschert, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 16:59:25 CST6CDT
Having just switched a list from an IBM mainframe to a Windows NT version
of listserv (also moving from 1.8a to 1.8c, now I'm seeing a new error
message that I've never seen before....namely,

"Host DNS for (server.name.blah) is misconfigured"

along with what appears to be a standard template of stuff.  Anyway, the
list's size is around 1700 people.  I'm seeing bounces from people I know who
never had a problem with the old machine nor do they have a problem
communicating directly with me.  That said, a majority of people appear to be
getting mail from the server just fine.  But at least 100 different people
have thrown the mmisconfigured DNS error message......too hard to believe
that many different ones are messed up.  So the question is:  where do we
look next?  Is there something about the new installation that we need to
focus on?

Thanks,

Ken Boschert, DVM
Washington University