Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 11:38:51 -0600
multiple replies.  first, on your previous question....locked is locked
because you fetched the the list or list headers.  you can issue the
command with options like     (hdr nol           (just the header, what
should be the default imho) and "nolock"  (which should also be default if
hdr is a default)

Essentially you should NEVER get the whole list and try to put it back.
All of this is in the docs on the web, which I recommend printing out and
binding up to keep on desktop, or for bedtime reading, or both.

At 01:25 PM 9/9/1997 -0400, BRIAN MC NAMARA wrote:
>this is right, isn't?
>
>*  Owner= [log in to unmask]
>*  Owner= Quiet:
>*  Owner= levinh@hopper

Last owner should be an FQDN.

>is there something that i am missing.  here is the response from listserv.

see below

I'm assuming this was sent in by some bloke who wants to subscribe.  That
is what users do.  His mistake was putting in email address, which is
wrong, as LISTSERV snags it from header.  He should do just what the reply
tells him to do.

If YOU were putting mr Berg on the list, you'd send an ADD listname
[log in to unmask] His Name.     You add or delete to list, others sub or
unsub themselves.  similar but different.

anyway, work on RTFM and keep on keeping on.

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534