Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:13:30 +0000
On: Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 04:17:57PM -0800,Liz Marr Wrote:

} Here is the response one of my admin team got when asking why she was
} not getting message approvals or other admin type mail:
}
} --------
}   The mail is not being delivered because the mailserver for the domain
} MITVMA.MIT.EDU (pacific-carrier-annex.mit.edu) is in the ORBS
} database as being an open relay and therefore is not allowed to send mail
} to the Qwest.net domain.
}    Please refer to www.orbs.org for information on what ORBS is and
} what you can do to get the mailserver (ip address 18.69.0.28) out of
} the listing.
}    In the meantime, you may want to open a free webbased email account
} for the purpose of exchanging mail with MIT.
} -------
}
} First of all, can someone explain to me in English what in the world they are
} talking about.  Second, does anyone have a solution besides the obvious.
} On the same note, HOTMAIL is either not delivering MITVMA Listserv
} messages, or MITVMA is not accepting HOTMAIL messages. So this
} freemail source is apparently not an option.  Anyone have an inside track
} on this?  HOTMAIL is recognizing my admin requests with APPLE server.

Liz, it means exactly what is says.  If you don't know what ORBS is (and
this has been discussed many times) did you go to the referenced web
site?

As for hotmail, its probably in the midst of one of its periodic
meltdowns.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com   +1 770-563-6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign rexx.com      +1 770-321-6507