Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 01:07:02 +0200
Currently we have 19%  of XXL orders, which is very  close to my estimate
of  20%  and  significantly  more  than  the  general-purpose  statistics
suggested. So far  about 2% of the people who  picked XXL have complained
that they want XXXL (and let me hereby complain that I want M, and file a
complaint on behalf of a friend who  I am quite certain would prefer M as
L would be  an all-in-one shirt+skirt combo,  so that we also  have 2% of
the L group wishing for a smaller  size :-) ). To revisit our decision to
provide the  free shirts in only  3 sizes, we would  need a significantly
larger number of unhappy people making  their voices heard. Now let me be
very clear,  this is not  what LSTOWN-L is for  and anyone posting  a "Me
too!  I want  XXXL too  please!"  to this  list  will receive  a L  shirt
instead, and similarly  people asking for M  will be sent XXL  and I will
personally hardcode  the information in  the shipping program so  that it
cannot accidentally be corrected by anyone in the sales group :-)

I volunteer to receive *private* requests for size M shirts, and for size
S (for kids).  I suggest that one  of the people who want  XXXL should do
the same  for this size  and that in  say a week  we should see  how many
people are interested in the other sizes. If available, these sizes would
probably be limited to one or two designs (the minimum run size that will
not upset the printer being a couple dozen).

  Eric