Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:06:09 -0300
My problem is (was, I hope) that I seemed to be getting posts from
both "peered" lists, and was subscribed to the SEARN.SUNET.SE one
under an address which no longer exists. I've now spoofed my old
address and unsubbed from that one; if you're reading this I presume
that it didn't unsub me from PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM as well . . .

> > I have a vague memory that this has been discussed before, but I
> > can't find it in the archives.  I recently had to change all my
> > addresses because of internal reconfigurations here.  After I did it
> > I started getting duplicates of all (or most of) the postings on
> > LSTOWN-L.  some come from vm.se.lsoft.com, the others from
> > PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM.  I'm assuming that LSTOWN-L is somehow
> > mirrored, but I can't figure out how to get myself off the vm.se
> > one, or set it NOMAIL, or even find its archive page.
>
> LSTOWN-L is a peered list, which also runs at @SEARN.SUNET.SE

I'm not sure why this is done, what the advantages are, or why I'd
suddenly have started received postings from the SEARN list when I
changed my address on the other one . . . maybe this isn't relevant
to LSTOWN-L, but on the other hand, maybe it is.

                              -- Russ

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_    Professor of English
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~