Wed, 23 Aug 1995 10:47:06 -0700
>As I understand it, Listserv re-directs messages that begin with the
>word "set" - assuming them to be incorrectly-sent commands.

Is that true?  It strikes me as a poor assumption.  If it _is_ the case, I
guess I wouldn't want to run a list on the subject of Set Theory using a
LISTSERV then.

>Is it possible to set up  Listserv so that if the first word of a message
>is one of those well-known-four-letter
>words, it will be directed to the listowner instead?
>Or maybe include this request for version 1.8c?

With all due respect, I think what you want is a moderated list.  This kind
of exception-based processing is a horror to implement, and is terrifically
subject to going awry in practice.  Those "well-known-four-letter words"
are only well-known in English, not in Swedish or Croatian.  What if your
"well-known-four-letter word" is the second word of the message?  An so
forth.

- --
Lefty [gYon-Pa] <[log in to unmask]>