Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 04:49:59 GMT
On Sat, 19 Apr 1997 14:18:02 -0500, PHREdd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>He subscribes to the list, settings: digest
>
>I add a second subscription, set to nomail and repro.
>
>Would that do the trick?  Both subscriptions would be for the *same*
>address

The 2 addresses cannot be exactly the same, or LISTSERV will set the
subscription to the last set received.  However, if you 'jigger' one of
the addresses (in a way that still works, i.e. a valid address) that could
work, but you have to reverse the settings you suggest.

For example, my address is [log in to unmask]  But you can also send
email to [log in to unmask], which LISTSERV will see as a
different address, but it also gets to me without fail if you send to it.

His 'real' address set nomail, repro.  This is so LISTSERV will echo back
to him whenever he posts, this will only work for the address he writes
from.  Note, LISTSERV will echo your post to you even if you are set
NOMAIL, since the REPRO copy is not considered as 'mail', but a response
to a kind of 'command'.

His 'extra' address set digest, nopost,norepro,noack  He cannot post to
this address, but the list will send him the digest daily (or whenever you
have set).  That's why this has to be a different, but sendable address.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]