Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 05:53:22 GMT
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:57:25 -0500, Baynon <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have a question.... Is there any way to change the daily mailing list
>digests to be called something other than "digests" ???
>
>I ask because there is a pigeon magazine called the "Pigeon Digest", and
>it's editor mentioned that people are beginning to refer to the pigeon
>email list as "the digest",

Unfortunately, it is a matter of education.  PIGEON-LIST is an "email
discussion list".  The LISTSERV is the host computer for the list, an
automatic program that facilitates the 'discussion'.  The 'list-digest' is
merely one way to receive mail from the list, all msgs for 1 day
compressed into 1 large message.  You need to encourage your list readers
to refer to the list as "the List" or as "Pigeon-List" and not as the
'digest' and especially not as the 'Pigeon-Digest'.  I would post the
request, along with the magazine editors plea for correctness to your
entire list.  As/when list members make a 'verbal' mistake in their
postings, you should post a public reminder/correction message.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]