Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:21:05 -0500
In a similar vein... I noticed a few months ago that people who had
multiple similar addresses ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask]) were treated as the same address. While this is
great for new subscribers who may no longer have to subscribe under the
various permutations their ISP uses and set all but one to nomail, it is
a real pain for current subscribers who wish to change a setting for one
address. For example, suppose all the above addresses have been set to
nomail. The subscriber asks me to set one to mail -- updating any of
these addresses updates all of them, and the subscriber starts receiving
3 copies of every post. Trying to set one to nomail sets all 3 to nomail.
The only solution I've found is to remove the subscriber and add them
again under a single address. Not difficult, but the subscriber loses all
of their previous settings.

Is there a better solution than removing and re-adding subscribers?

--
Karen Reznek, co-listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]