Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:46:03 +0100
I'll try one last time.

1. NO  SHIRT HAS BEEN  SHIPPED BEFORE MID  OCTOBER FOR THE  SIMPLE REASON
   THAT THE SHIRTS HAD NOT ARRIVED.

2. THE  SHIRTS WERE NOT SHIPPED  IN THE ORDER THEY  WERE REQUESTED. THUS,
   THE DATE AT WHICH YOU ORDERED YOUR SHIRT IS IRRELEVANT.

In other words,

YOUR SHIRT MAY HAVE  BEEN SHIPPED AS LATE AS OCT 23 EVEN  IF YOU WERE THE
VERY FIRST PERSON TO FILL IN THE FORM.

Actually, the shirts boxed on Oct 23 probably didn't make it until Oct 24
due to people working overtime. So, it's  only been 5 days since the last
shirts were mailed. The shirts were shipped by USPS from Landover, MD. If
you live  close enough to Landover  that a delay  of 5 days for  a parcel
shipped via USPS is impossible, please  complain again (NOT ON THE LIST!)
and we will send  you a new shirt. If it is common  for USPS to need more
than 5 days  to deliver from MD  to your place of  residence, please wait
until you are sure that USPS can't possibly have your shirt. We used USPS
because we figured that the money we  would save on postage fees would be
a lot  more than the  cost of  resending a handful  of lost (or  at least
untrackable) shirts.  We felt that  buying more  shirts so we  could give
them  to  more  people was  a  better  use  of  our T-shirt  budget  than
vaporizing the  money on a high-profile  carrier. A shirt is  pretty much
indestructible (and too cheap to warrant  being insured), so there was no
real advantage to the more expensive carriers.

  Eric