Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:01:59 -0600
> BTW, from the scuttlebutt I heard, Concentric had a major hardware
> failure in the shell side and decided to pull the plug rather than fix it.

Hi Rich.. follows is the reply from cris.com [concentric.net] regarding their pulling
shell access. The really bad things are: 1) there was no warning..  2)it left many
disabiled and others having to use shell completely cut off suddenly :(  I know a
number of people and organizations are emailing [log in to unmask] expressing
concern and hope that cris.com will re-institute shell so its subscribers can have
nation-wide access to the net.  Primenet by the way, does not have any Oklahoma
POPs ..  neither does http://www.crl.com/dialups.html .. but both have POPs in other
states.

another good resourse for more regional ISPs is:
http://cube.icestorm.com/shellrev/index.htm

 .... Cleo [log in to unmask]

-----