Jean Bedard <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 14:44:34 -0500
>I have issued the UNLOCK command repeatedly. I get a confirmation message
>that it is unlocked. The next command anyone issues the listserv
>regarding TEST list returns a reply that the list has been locked since
>whenever. I am beginning to think I will have to delete the list and
>re-create it. No great loss in this case, since it is my test list.
>However, the question remains as to whether this behavior might turn up
>in my other lists. From the responses so far I take it nobody else has
>seen this, or nobody is running on Windows 95.

Yeah, I know I'm a little late on that one, but someone had this problem here.
It was not under Windows but under Solaris 2.5. What happened is that
the list owner sent her UNLOCK command and her GET (HEADER command in the
SAME MAIL ITEM. I was able to experiment a bit and found that this happens
EVERY TIME these two commands are sent that way.
Looking at the .list file, I found a difference in in the "* Locked" flag:
normally, there is something telling that the Lock was subsequent to a
command, namely, GET (HEADER (don't remember the exact syntax); this time,
this field was blank.

Here's how I got out of it. Since the list was still locked, I could do a
PUT. So:

1. REVIEWed the list instead of GET (HEADER
2. Copied/Pasted the result within a PUT command
3. Sent it back.