Haralds Berzajs <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:29:06 -0400
Question:

When I get the listserv message back to add a new member it has an e-mail
address in the add statement.  I also exchange some mail with the person
to get additional information for our members DB and they often list a
different form of the mail address.  I suppose they have a company mail
server that routes to their specific mail node.

My question is does it matter to the listserv which mail address is coded
for the user?  I did find as owner of my list I had to have Lsoft code
my node specific address for proper operation.  Does this hold true for
members using a list for posting and reading.

Examples:

ADD mylist [log in to unmask]

Summary info:       John Doe
              e-mail:   [log in to unmask]