Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Mar 1993 17:09:49 EST
I have a list (STUACTS@INDYCMS) that recently has been getting some
subscriptions from off campus, partly because it's not confidential
(I want people <here> to be able to LIST and see it) and partly because
it's in my sig line and subscribers from another list I frequent (SAO-L)
have seen it and subscribed.

I know that LOCAL and SERVICE ought to be able to take care of this
problem by restricting subscriptions to people in the areas defined,
but I'm not sure I understand how to set them.  I don't have access
to LOCAL SYSVARS to see what the default definitions are, and I'd set
them to INDYCMS and INDYVAX but we have other machines that people have
subscribed from.  Is there a way I can restrict subscriptions to the
list to, say, Indiana?  <That> I could deal with.  :)

Thanks for any input.