"Russell N. Hathhorn, VM Systems Support" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Apr 1992 14:12:25 PDT
OK - I just can't let this shoe drop without answering. We use RSCS 3.1 on SP6
with a very high 98%+ link-up record. RSCS is easy to maintain and run and
VERY reliable. My counter-parts on my adjacent nodes (one VM, the other JNET)
also provide good service to the net and their users. I am a one-man
department on a heavily used 4341 and I don't have any problems.

Yes there are times when this node is unreachable, but the VAST majority of
the these instances occur when an intermediate link is down (for what ever
reason).

RSCS performs very well, perhaps the best of any application we run. I would
suggest that most 'RSCS' problems are human rather than software.

|   Russell N. Hathhorn                       |  Bitnet: SYSMAINT@PCCVM       |
|   VM Systems Progammer/Analyst              |  Compu$erve: 76636,1036       |
|   Portland Community College                |  Voice: (503) 244-6111 x 4705 |
|   12000 S. W. 49th Avenue                   |  Fax:   (503) 324-7010        |
|   Portland, Oregon  97219-0990              |  "     Just say NO to OCO   " |
| "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms  |
|  is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."|
|   -- Thomas Jefferson                                                       |