"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:35:04 -0700
Apologies in advance if I am just really thick, but I have been asked for some cross-list stats and it is not obvious to me from looking at the web query interface how I can acquire them. So any help would be appreciated.

As some of you may recall, we recently split our largest list into several small lists, inviting those who subscribed to the large list to subscribe to whichever of the small lists they felt best addressed their interests.

Now I am getting questions such as:

"For example, how many people that are subscribed to ADVANCED-DOTNET are also subscribed to each of the other unmoderated .NET lists (DOTNET-* and VBDOTNET)?"

and

"Also, any stats on double-postings? I seemed to me (though I could be mistaken) that there appears to be some; (ie one post to Advanced-Dotnet, one to another list), as well as misposting (ASP to the CLR list, etc)."

So I am  wondering how I can ask Listserv to tell me things like:
There are 100 people on List A
There are 250 people on List B
89 people subscribe to both

or

Of 89 people who are subscribed to Lists A, B, and C, 4 of them cross-posted identical posts to all 3

TIA for any advice!

Shannon  :-)

Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor WebMistress
http://www.develop.com
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.