Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:29:01 +0200
Hello listmembers,

We are facing a strange problem on our topic style discussion list.
It is a Dutch list so the text is just to show what is happening
(BABBEL is one of the topics).

For instance one of our members posted a message with the subject
below (I copied it from the online archives but it looked the same
on arrival by mail and checking the headers manually).

--- pasted in subject line ---

Subject: [ME-PL] Babbel: reactie op van alles syndroom - revalidatie in
België

-- end original subject line ---

Another member posted a reply to it looking like:

--- pasted in subject line from the reply ---

Subject:      Re:      [ME-PL]             Babbel: reactie op van al
              les syndroom - revalidatie in België

-- end reply subject line ---

Both messages contained the correct definition for the translation
table for Dutch postings with special characters:

Both members use Outlook versions BTW and are set to MIME as most
of our members are.

But the real problem with those two postings for instance (it
happened with others also) is that they also showed up in the OTHER
topic instead of only in the BABBEL topic where they should have
gone and I can't figure out why.

At first looking at the topic name upfront in the subject line
seems to be like it should.
I think that it has something to do with Outlook wrapping the
subject line in the headers or using the dutch letter "ë" in the
subject line but I'm not sure on where or how to fix this for
future postings, if I can? Or is it something that I should tell
the members that they have to do? Or should there be something
changed in the listheader to prevent this?

I searched in the manual but couldn't find anything that seemed
logical related to it. I hope that you can help us out with this
problem.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Joop Reijenga.