Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:18:43 -0500
>         Hi everyone and Season's Greetings from a newbie.  Please forgive me
> in advance if I don't yet have all of the Listserv terminology down. I'm
> presently in the process of migrating our lists from Smartlist and have only
> been using Listserv for a few days.  I've been able to get our other lists
> moved, but I'm having a problem with one.
>         My question is this -  I would like to be able to set up a list that
> allows open submissions from anyone within my mail domain (preferrably
> without having to subscribe) but restricts delivery to a single recipient.
> The purpose here is to allow anyone within my organization to submit a
> message to an "Anonymous Electronic Suggestion Box" and have that message
> delivered to a single email address.  The basic list requirements are these:
>
>         a) a person should be able to submit without subscribing
>         b) submissions should only be allowed from within our mail domain
>         c) the list is not moderated nor requires confirmation from the
> sender
>         d) the output goes to a single email address
>         e) unless a person lists their name in the body of the message,
> submissions are anonymous and the message headers must be changed so the
> recipient cannot see who originated the message
>
>         Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Dennis Thaxton
> Director for Information Systems
> Naval Media Center

We did something like this by creating a dummy email address long enough
to get it a LISTSERV password.  Then we told the relevant audience about
the address and password.  They could use it to send anonymous email
messages from the LISTSERV web interface.  It's not 100% anonymous, as
the web server logs will have information about who connected to it.