"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 12:09:03 -0500
On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Mata Giri wrote:

> Regarding my lost subscriber in Mauritius, thanks for several people's
> suggestions -- she sent Thanks and Info commands as instructed, and got
> back nothing, no response from either Thanks or Info. (She is by the way
> subscribed to 2 lists with me, same from both.)

Are you sure that her ISP hasn't made any changes? We recently had
problems with our subscribers at American University; suddenly they
weren't receiving anything from the list. The sysadmin at American
insisted that the problem was not at their end. But after some cooperative
work between that sysadmin and our Listserv administrator, the problem was
solved:

> Yesterday we discovered that the source of the problem was a switch from
> the use of 'sendmail' to a new mailer called 'postfix'.  It seems that
> Listserv and Postfix don't work well together.

Another of our subscribers, this one in South America, had a similar
problem a year or so ago. His list mail abruptly quit arriving, although
he had no problems with his personal e-mail. We never did find out the
nature of the problem, but it was again something to do with his service
provider. After he had complained about it for a month or two, the mail
suddenly began arriving again, with no explanation given.