Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:52:19 -0500
At 10:22 AM -0600 12/3/99, Louis Janus wrote:
>Dear Lstown-l readers:
>
>I have to write a report to the managers of my project. Since we sponsor 7
>mailing lists, I want to report how many messages were sent out on each of
>the lists during the reporting period. I cannot figure out how to get the
>data. I tried reading the archived files, one per month, and I suppose  I
>could count each individual message, but I am guessing there is an easier
>way.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions. (We use LISTSERV 1.8 at the University of
>Minnesota.)

This probably isn't useful to you now, but if you're going to have to
do these sorts of reports regularly you might consider making use of
LISTSERV's changelog feature (which started in LISTSERV 1.8d).
Changelogs are discussed in section 10.6 of the Site Manager's Guide.
They won't give you the numbers straight out, but their format should
make it simple enough to make a script that will extract the
information for you.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc