Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 May 2007 14:26:33 -0400
Once an OK code gets an OK response, it no longer exists - and whatever
was waiting for it most likely also is already gone by the time you
realize the mistake.  Unless your list host site is very very busy, or
some other criteria (such as "new subscriber/spam delay" applied to that
message, it was already distributed to the outgoing MTA before your HOLD
command reached the server (unless you had the list in HOLD status
before issuing the OK on the spam).  Check the list archive to see if it
did go through - if it was from a non-subscriber address, it may have
been rejected.

There is a CANCEL option to the OK command that can be used to discard
the "ok code" and whatever is waiting for it, but that only works if the
code has not yet been given an OK response.

Your host site administrator might be able to intervene IF the list was
already in HOLD status prior to your OK response on the spam item; in
that case, the site administrator can find the pending job item in the
LISTSERV queue and delete that.

Hello,

As list moderator I accidentally okay'd a spam message (that doesn't
have the nicest language).  In the meantime I did the "hold" command so
the message won't go thru and am thumbing thru an online manual.  Does
anyone know how to cancel the okay command?  I tried: CANCEL OK 186A92C6
(that's the confirmation code) - but I receive the "The confirmation
code 186A92C6 does not correspond to any pending command".  Does anyone
have any insight - thanks so much in advance.

Christel