Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 03:11:54 GMT
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 23:15:42 +0100, Rosalinda Solorzano
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a problem with using lsofts listserver product and our pop server.  L-soft's listserver application leaves the 'from' address empty when it replies, and our pop server,... does not recognize it as a message when the 'from' field is blank.

LISTSERV will set the Sender: field to itself.  the From: field remains
whatever it was in the incoming message from the original poster.  This
means one (or more) of your users has a broken/ill-behaved mailer.  It is
responsible for the lack of a suitable From: address.  What your POP3
mailer does with it afterwards is still another matter, but I'm not
surprised it chokes, since the From: is a field required by RFC-822.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]