Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:08:12 -0700
You could turn off autodelete....but I wouldn't.  I'll bet you a cold one
that mail is bouncing for some reason on his end and those bounces are
going back to LISTSERV and he's getting autodeleted.  One cause could be
his mailbox regularly overflowing, esp. if your list is voluminous, his
mailbox is small, he gets lots of mail from other lists, etc.

If you turned off autodelete for a few days, just long enough to get some
bounces so he could diagnose it, and then immediately put him back on.
Some list managers don't like autodelete and have more patience for bounces
than I do.  I'm in the "if he's bouncing stuff more than once or twice he's
history....and only once if there's no such domain or no such mailbox".
Not my problem when he whines that "well, I was just a day late in paying
my ISP bill and they cut me off and you shouldn't have deleted me.....blah
blah blah....."   And, yes, I really heard that one.

dan

At 02:36 PM 1/31/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>     I have a member on the list who keeps getting dropped from the list.
>I'm not receiving any error messages on the address nor do I see an
>unsubscribe command for them.  They subscribe, are fine for a few days and
>then they stop receiving mail as they're no longer subscribed.  It's only
>happening with this one member (at the moment).  Any suggestions?  Is there
>something I should change in the header?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>*  Review= Private
>*  Subscription= Open ,Confirm
>*  Send= Private
>*  Notify= Yes
>*  Reply-to= List,Ignore
>*  Ack= Msg
>*
Notebook=Yes,/local/usr/local/mail/listserv/notebooks/tarot-l,Weekly,Public
>*  Daily-Threshold= 75
>*
>*  Owner= [log in to unmask]  Tea Prentice
>*  Owner= [log in to unmask]  A'yin Da'ath
>*  Errors-To= Owners
>*  Auto-Delete=Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(3),Max(100)
>
>Thanks again,
>Tea

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.