Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:28:36 -0500
On 9/16/97 5:58 PM, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>        While you can use the QUIET SET ... approach described above
>>              they won't be kept in ignorance very long.  Each time
>>              they post a message they will be sent a notice saying
>>              their message has been sent to you (or whoever you have
>>              designated to perform this function) for review.
>
>They only receive this notice if you want them to receive it. It is trivial
>to turn off. All you need to do is add this section to your mailtpl, or
>send this in as your mailtpl.

>.qq

If a subscriber is being moderated, he should know so. Trying to hide
that from a subscriber is, in my opinion, irresposible of the list owner.

The only case where I would agree with supressing that component of the
MailTPL is if it was implicitly stated elsewhere (like in the welcome
file, or in an email to the person) that says that they will be moderated.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;